Sunday, November 26, 2006

Nugget Shoe Polish Exam Cheat Note & Police Officer Print Ad

From 2005 Clio Awards, here are one of the winners that caught my attention -

Advertiser:Nugget Shoe Polish
Title: Exam Cheat Note
Agency: The Jupiter Drawing Room, Johannesburg



my take: At first, I had trouble trying to make out what it was trying to say. Then I realise because the shoe was so shiny that it could make out the cheat note under the desk! haha. It was surprising and creative. Thought this is clear and simple of how a shoe polish could go so far being a commodity item can bring high involvement of the consumers in the advertisement. great! 4.5/5

-----------------------------------

Another great work from them!

Advertiser: Nugget Shoe Polish
Title: Police Officer
Agency: The Jupiter Drawing Room, Johannesburg





my take: If you realise it's the simple concept that draw my attention. I was wondering what this fella is upto. I mean what is he trying to do? with his shoe stuck out like that, he is using the shoe as a mirror to see his coming thief. I would have never thought about this. A product that requires no selection of brand preference would come up with a brillant ad idea to gain attention. This is how they differentiate in the most appropriate creative way. 4.5/5

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash Green said...

It was really insightful.
Thanks for such a nice content.
Cheers
BTW if anyone interested more have a look theshoesfinder thanks

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home